View/download original article published on Source Security here.
Arecont's megapixel cameras protect staff, customers and goods at key travel points
Airports, harbors and ports, railways, highways, pipelines, and bridges together make up much of the infrastructure and facilities the modern world relies upon for transportation. They are the entry and exit points for both domestic and international travel, and the critical infrastructure for the transhipment of people, freight, commodities, manufactured goods, and other cargo.
Arecont Vision’s Superior Performance
“Ease of installation, compatibility with our current VMS, and the new features [including] Wide Dynamic Range. Our experience has been great. Our organization requires high levels of security and with Arecont Vision’s updates to firmware we can maintain our internal network security policies.” said Safraz Samad, TPA Operations – Security Administration, Tampa International Airport.
“Alberta invests a great deal of money and resources into developing and evaluating the best technological advances to provide superior performance to our customers. Arecont Vision’s megapixel cameras fit perfectly into our technology-centric approach to the market, as demonstrated by their performance in our installation at the cruise ship terminal in Valletta.” commented Kaim Cassar, Technical Research Executive, Alberta.
Megapixel Camera Benefits
- Deter and detect threats and document activities
- Maintain situational awareness and security
- Improve staff productivity
- Resolve security/staff and customer disputes
- Protect staff, travellers, customers, equipment, and goods
- Ability to cover more with less
- Increased detail equals better forensics and reduced time from police and security professionals in post event investigations
- Monitor daily business
- Forensic documentation to build cases
- Provide security, situational awareness, life safety
- Prevent fraudulent claims
- Remote surveillance
- Facility entry/exits
- Loading docks
- Luggage and freight areas
- Storage areas
- Offices and warehouses
- Open spaces
- Parking lots/structures
- Roads and bridges
- Concourses and corridors
- People/vehicle counting/monitoring
- License plate/facial recognition